Friday 22 April 2011

3D Modelling

I both my semesters this year i had to take a 3D modelling class.  The first semester was pure modelling.  Starting at the basic of basic geometric shapes.  Then we designed a weapon and finished off with a car of our choosing.  Second semester was focused on the animation aspect of 3D modelling.  We started off with basic balls and made them bounce.  We then went up to the luxo lamp and made it jump.  Oour final 3D animation was to make the luxo do an animation for about 10 seconds.  We then moved onto 2D animations in Adobe Flash; having to do a 10-20 second animation in the end.

 This scythe was the first real project we did in the first semester.  This weapon I chose came form the anime series Gundam Wing, from the character Deathscythe.  Considering the amount of experience I had using 3D Max, I am really happy with my outcome.  There are a couple problem areas and there is a giant hole on the top but I like it.


This is my version of the Smart Roadster.  This I had alot of problems with but the outcome wasn't horrible.  There are alot of areas i want to fix but i ran out of time to perfect it.

Right now I'm not gonna put up the animation videos since I don't know how t put them up yet but there are a couple  videos i have.  One is a couple balls bouncing, then the luxo lamp jumping, then the luxu lamp diving of a high diving board, then the final 2D animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment